Shortlist Announced for RTS NI Awards 2017
The Royal Television Society, Northern Ireland (RTS NI) has just is announced the nominees for this year’s Programme Awards and an exciting new headline sponsor Ka-Boom
Sarah McCaffrey, RTS NI Awards Committee Chair said: 'The RTS NI Programme Awards 2017 recognise the very best creative and television production talent in the local screen industry. This year we received a total of 78 submissions, which is a significant increase on last year. Among those shortlisted for the awards include Game of Thrones, Line of Duty, Paula, In Solitary, Lily’s Driftwood Bay, Little Roy and Delete Delete Delete. Our top industry judges have been very impressed by the quantity, variety and creativity of this year’s entries. They certainly had a very difficult task and we wish all those shortlisted the best of luck on the night.
'We are also delighted to announce a new headline sponsor Ka-Boom, one of Northern Ireland’s leading facilities companies providing a world class creative service for TV and film companies across factual, drama, documentaries, feature films and commercials.'
Zach Willis, Company Director and Co-Founder of Ka-Boom said: 'We are very proud to become the headline sponsor for these prestigious RTS NI Programme Awards to support and applaud the very best of the screen industry in Northern Ireland. As creative output from Northern Ireland continues to have a major impact on audiences around the globe, Ka-Boom has grown substantially providing high quality facilities not only to the local industry but also to a growing international client base.
'It is refreshing to see our creative industries achieve new heights in terms of creativity and innovation over recent years and there is no doubt that this year's shortlisted nominees are of the highest possible standard.'
The RTS NI Programme Awards 2017 are delivered in partnership with BBC Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland Screen, Channel 4, and UTV. The Awards Ceremony will be held in The MAC, Belfast on Thursday November 16, hosted by Irish presenter Angela Scanlon.
The full list of shortlisted nominees in each category are:
Children’s / Animation Category sponsored by Performance Film and Media Insurance
- Sixteen South: Lily’s Driftwood Bay – The Salty Chicken
- Zodiak Kids Studios UK: The Secret Life of Boy
- Jam Media: Little Roy
Comedy and Entertainment sponsored by NEP Broadcast Services
- Waddell Media Ltd: Francis Brennen’s Grand Tour Vietnam
- Roughcut TV: Delete Delete Delete
- Stellify Media: Beauty Queen and Single
Drama sponsored by Yellowmoon
- HBO Entertainment in association with Bighead, Littlehead, Television 360/Starling Television: Game of Thrones
- Cuba Pictures in Association with BBC Studios: Paula
- World Productions: Line of Duty
News sponsored by In Broadcast
- BBC Northern Ireland: A Nolan Show Investigation
- UTV: UTV Live: The Death of Martin McGuinness
- BBC Northern Ireland: BBC Newsline: The Death of Martin McGuinness
Factual Entertainment sponsored by G&H Film and Television Services
- Tyrone Productions: Nathan Goes to Nashville
- Stellify Media: In Solitary
- BBC NI Productions: Love in a Day
Documentary sponsored by Ulster University
- Alleycats: How to Defuse a Bomb: The Project Children Story
- Alleycats: My Wig and Me
- Tern Television and Borough Productions: The Good Terrorist
Specialist Factual sponsored by City Air Express
- Crossing the Line: Wild Ireland
- Alleycats: Pop Pride & Prejudice
- Tern Television: Britain’s Lost Masterpieces: Aberdeenshire
Current Affairs sponsored by Queens University Belfast
- Erica Starling Productions: Channel 4 Dispatches: Under Lock and Key
- BBC Northern Ireland: Spotlight: Burn to Earn
- UTV: UTV up Close: Northern Ireland’s Prescription Addiction
Original Music Score sponsored by Millar McCall Wylie
- World Productions: Line of Duty
- Fables and Artists Studio: The Fall
- Sixteen South: The Salty Chicken
- Big Motive: Tara’s Locket – A VR Story for Children
- Billy Goat Entertainment Ltd: Her Majesty’s SPIFFING
- Neon: RETNE
Judges Award sponsored by Ka-Boom.
Further details on the RTS NI Programme Awards 2017 can be found here.
Tickets for the Awards priced at £25 each are available here online.