The present Glenarm Castle was built by Randle McDonnel knight Earl of Antrim having to his wife Dame Aelis O'Nill in 1636. In 1929 the main body of the house was badly damaged by a fire while another fire in 1965 led to the demolition of the servants' wing, with the exception of the Kitchen, the only room in continuous use since the seventeenth century. The estate comprises of 533 hectares of which a designated Area of Special Scientific Interest (ASSI) is the home for a small herd of pedigree Highland Cattle.
2 Castle Lane
Baby changing facilities,Disabled access,Dogs allowed
Box office: 028 2884 1203
Website: Glenarm Castle