Church of Ireland Dioscesan Offices

Ruskinian Gothic building designed by WH Lynn

Currently the offices of commercial property consultants Lambert Smith Hampton, this Italian Gothic building was the work of WH Lynn in 1865-6, and began life in 1867 as the Diocesan office for the Church of Ireland. Its variegated polychrome brickwork, using bands of red, white and blue bricks, and sandstone traceries, make it one of Lynn’s most successful exercises in the Venetian or Lombardic style promoted by Ruskin.

Topics