Laganside Courts Complex
Opened in 2002, the complex is Belfast’s most recent civic building
Opened in 2002, the Laganside Courts complex was designed by architects Hurd Rolland to replace facilities at Newtownabbey courthouse, Belfast magistrates’ court and the Crumlin Road courthouse, designed by Charles Lanyon.
The Portland limestone and green tinged glazing of the functional, yet airy four storey Oxford Street elevation, echoes the Waterfront Hall. It completes an architectural triangle with its contemporary allusions to the 1933 Royal Courts of Justice building across lower Chichester Street.