North Down Heritage Centre
One of Bangor’s major heritage attractions
North Down Heritage Centre is situated in beautiful wooded surroundings at the rear of the Town Hall, Bangor Castle, a fine Victorian mansion dating from 1852 when it was built by local landlord R.E.Ward.
The former stables and out-buildings were re-furbished between 1983 and 1989 in three phases to create Ulster’s most popular small museum, with an average of 800 visitors a week. Coming into Bangor, look for the brown signs or the imposing Town Hall opposite the new Translink station.
The centre is open daily 10.30 - 16.30 (17.30 in July and August) but opening at 14.00 on Sundays. It is closed on Mondays except Bank Holiday Mondays.
Admission is free.